Looking for a QUIET place in the country where you can enjoy wildlife, hunting, boating, fishing, and a more relaxed lifestyle? Take a look at this 160-acre farm in northwestern Minnesota, located in an area with clean air and a very low crime rate. The nearest neighbor is almost a mile away.
Prime hunting area for bear, whitetail deer, geese, duck, grouse, partridge, and turkey. Just three miles to Roseau River Wildlife Management Area, or less than two miles to the Canadian border for additional hunting and recreation.
Bluegrass seed production on the farm provides income. Bluegrass seed yields averaged 350 pounds per acre and sold for approximately 70 cents per pound--potential gross income of $30,000 (+/-). Area crops include grasses, soybeans, wheat, canola, corn, barley, oats, alfalfa, flax, and sunflowers.
• 160 total acres (128 tillable)
• Pond for livestock
• Total 2006 precipitation 14.22 inches
o New 40 x 56 pole building with 220 power
o Two 3300-bushel grain bins with augers (excellent condition)
o 34 x 60 insulated barn with concrete floor and 220 power
o 24 x 24 insulated and heated work shop with 220 power
o New 2-car garage
• Clean, comfortable, well-maintained and cared for
• Updates include new wiring, windows, insulation, carpet, linoleum, paint, lighting
• 2 bedrooms/1 bath
• New appliances
• Ample storage
• Beautifully landscaped yard with mature trees where whitetail deer, jackrabbits, and partridges feed
• Awaken to the sounds of meadowlarks, snowbirds, geese, and grouse
And there's more. . .
• 2007 real estate tax $992
• Annual heating cost approximately $500
• Enrolled in farm program which pays $1,780 per year
• Seller may consider trade
For the outdoors enthusiast--
• Several state forests nearby, with many trails throughout
• 30 minutes to Lake of the Woods for boating and world-class fishing (ice fishing, too)
• Deer and waterfowl hunting
• Bird watching, abundant wildlife
• Canada at your doorstep--only 80 miles to Winnipeg
• Golf courses nearby